Monday, March 1, 2010

Where have I read this before?

Malcolm Gladwell is one of my favorite writers of contemporary psychology and social phenomena, and I have read almost all of this books and articles. Almost...

Last Sunday, I stumbled upon a 2008 article from Gladwell that was republished in his latest book. In this article, Gladwell describes how NFL scouts appraise college quarterbacks to determine how successful they will be at the professional level. He uses this topic to segue to the topic of appraising the effectiveness of teachers. Sound familiar?

I blogged a very similar message last month! So for full transparency and comparison, here is my blog post and Gladwell's article.

How Should Teachers Be Evaluated? (Leo)


Most Likely to Succeed (Malcolm Gladwell)


I'm not sure whether I should feel guilty or fearful of plagarism, or humbled that a prolific writer like Gladwell might share with me a similar thought experiment. To be safe, I have returned 100% of my earnings from this blog. Nonetheless, it's worth blogging about. Happy reading and happy March.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great minds think alike! The nuances and intricacies of a complex profession as teaching can be hard to quantify.