Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Yeah, like, I don't know, like..."

My father always gets on to me for saying the word "like". Our conversations typically proceed as so:
Tracy: "Okay, so I was riding my bike to class, and, like, I passed this like animal-thing in the road? [Question mark serves to denote inflection] I stopped and this, like, guy came over and, like, started screaming"
Dad: "Stop saying like"
T: "UHHH. Fine. Okay. I. was. riding. my. bike. to. class. and. I. passed this. animal. A. guy. came. over. and....[giggle giggle giggle giggle]"

I preface my attempt at "blogging" with that anecdote because it goes without mentioning all the positive opportunities "blogging" gives those who write and read them (or so I hear). I thought I would add a *NEW* pro: NO MORE "LIKES"! 

Obviously, I can't guarantee any insightfully complex and beautifully flowing pieces of art. I can't even guarantee grammor free postsies.  

In just a few weeks, I will detox myself of many material possessions and transport over to San Francisco. I will finally be geographically nea
r to Leo, after a long long long time on opposite coasts. New school, new friends, new neighborhood, new markets, new weather, new...doorknobs. Who knows. 

However, I AM SO EXCITED!  I would not be so ready for this life change if it wasn't for the support of many people in my life - each has (and is) helping me grow, be strong, learn to love and forgive. There will be "good" and "bad" times in SF, no doubt. What great practice for all the life lessons I have conjured up, and what great opportunity to gain more! When it gets really, bad, I can always call Leo:

Tracy: "Leo, like, I'm having, like a hard time..."
Leo: "I'll be right over!"
Dad in Tracy's head: DON'T SAY LIKE!!
 
 

 
 

No comments: