Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Emotions


The past month has been intense emotionally. Throughout each wedding I witnessed person after person pour their hearts out towards one another. The love of each couple resonated through everyone. During the last wedding, Louie and Naomi's ceremony, that emotion became a more personalized, less vicarious reaction. Reuniting with my home, friends, and relatives was a rush in itself. I watched my mom and dad handle the entire process of giving away a daughter. Then, realizing the change my sister and Lou were experiencing compounded it all. Experiencing those emotions within a four-hour party can be deafening and overwhelming. Only now, a week and a many miles later, have I been able to comprehend the meaning of last week's wedding. In short, I feel closer to my family* and the friends that joined Naomi and Louie. It was certainly representative of all the support they will always have. I will not forget those feelings.

I think all emotions act like that. You experience them, hold on, and only hindsight gives you some grasp of what transpired. And knowing that provides solace when experiencing any overly-emotional time--be it sadness, stress, boredom, or exhilaration. It really speaks to the truth in Tracy's "Velo Rouge" post, and it makes me think differently about the present tense.


*especially with whom I shared late-night karaoke

No comments: