Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Present Tense-- Contest!!

I'm getting a little bogged down in my research, and to make matters more stressful, I just got summoned for jury duty (Not complaining, I'm happy to do my civic duty- it's just bad timing). Trace is in the thick of her summer semester and grinding through long days of class. In short, we need a pick-me-up.

So, to rejuvenate ourselves (and to secretly see if Present Tense has more than a 4-member audience), we're holding the first ever PRESENT TENSE JOKE CONTEST.

Here's how it works: Over the next week or so, feel free to submit as many awkward moments, humorous anecdotes, or fictitious tales as you would like. Google jokes, ask friends, or think it up... Whatever it takes. We will even accept pictures or video clips. You can post your joke as a comment to this post or email it to me (leohwhite@gmail.com) or Tracy (tc.bialis@gmail.com). Just make us laugh. Note: although I love them, Trace isn't a fan of vulgar jokes, so let's keep it quasi-clean. After a sufficient amount of entries, Tracy and I will judge them and declare a victor.

What's in it for you: If you win, we will publish your picture in an upcoming PRESENT TENSE post. And we will mail you 5 Dollars (I know it's not much, but whatever, we're poor). In sum, We are offering you fame and fortune .

That being said, let the contest begin. Make sure I can contact you in some way if I don't readily have your email or phone number. If we receive more than Naomi's interrupting cow joke, I'll be happy. So go on and be funny!

5 comments:

Newt said...

Where is everybody? I thought by now you would have scores of silly jokes! So here is a dirty (because it is about Florida State) quote that appeared in one of those pesky emails that people forward to me. It deals with why athletes can't have regular jobs.

Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."

Obviously, Bill would have struggled with Georgia's infamous basketball test.

Naomi said...

I am still working on the perfect post. When does the contest end?

kayla said...

I like Newt's, especially since it's about Florida State, not Florida:) And I want to hear Naomi's cow joke!

This is more of a riddle, but silly (and my students love it):
What 2 words in English have the most letters?
.
.
.
.
Post office. Get it? haha.

leo said...

When we get more than 3 entries! I can say that so far, Tracy loved Kayla's joke.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.