Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's my sister's birthday!

My sister, Naomi, turns 26 years old today! In celebratory post, I wanted to review a few accomplishments that my sister has, well, accomplished in her short stint of life.

Here's the skinny, in no order of importance. She has completed multiple ultra-marathons, marathons, triathlons, and centuries. Soon, she'll be competing in age-group nationals in the Olympic Distance triathlon.  As of last fall, she is a proud house owner of a quaint, yet spacious three bedroom house.  Since then, she's made several renovations (e.g., bathroom, kitchen). As a teacher, she has four years experience, and her next will be at a brand new high school. She's also in lifelong partnership with Lou, who I really enjoy. And she's a UGA Alumni (a few times over). The list goes on... excellent student, teacher, athlete, partner... By now the only people reading may be my own family who know all of this. But it bears repeating.

In the last few years, Naomi and I have grown really close. We talk weekly; she helps me train for races; she provides advice on a variety of academic, athletic, relationship issues; and finally, she is always up for a sibling wrestling match or competition. All the way in California, I really appreciate an older sister.

Importantly, her most commendable achievement is that she beat me on the SAT by 30 measly points.

Me and Naomi involved in a recent banana pudding competition
Happy 26th Naomi!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Hey thanks Leo! I feel so special.

Although I've come to realize that I'm just the KL of standardized tests in our family.

Lauren D said...

i think she's pretty terrific too! and don't feel too bad... my older sibling beat me on the SAT by 130 points... sigh.