Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sir! Please step away from the bicycle.

My readership knows that I support all things bicycle. I support riding to work, riding for fun, riding for competition, riding uphill, and riding downhill. I also support riding to raise money. However, I do not support riding to boost money.

Yes, apparently there is a local bank robber who pedals from his bank heists. The robber has used his two-wheeled getaway vehicle in banks robberies in San Francisco and, most recently, Santa Cruz.  From the CNN story (Serial Bank Robber Known for Getaway Bicycle), "The suspect was last seen pedaling away from the bank. [The police spokesperson, Zach] Friend said the bicycle may give a criminal an advantage."

At least he was wearing a helmet...

2 comments:

Naomi said...

That guy kinda looks like you....

marc said...

The CNN story could have been titled "Cyclical Bank Robber.... or maybe "Steals on Wheels".
My apologies to you and any readers for my lame attempt at humor.